Moving Checklist – Countdown to Moving Day
Keep your move organized and on track with this calendar from your friends at Spectrum!
6 Weeks BEFORE YOUR MOVE
- If using a moving company, start gathering estimates.
- Arrange to transfer school, veterinary and medical records to your new home.
- Contact your insurance agent to see if there will be any changes in your policies.
- Fill out a post office change-of-address card.
- Create a “Move File” to keep track of important information like estimates and receipts.
- FUN TIP! Research your new community by looking online or subscribing to the local newspaper. Show your kids what it has to offer to get them excited about the move.
5 Weeks BEFORE YOUR MOVE
- Notify the companies that bill you of your new address.
- Go through each room to take inventory and decide what to get rid of.
- Start packing items you don’t use often such as dinner sets, special cookware, decorative items and artwork, non-essential clothing, photos, etc.
- FUN TIP! If you plan to drive to your new location, see if there are any sightseeing opportunities along the way to make it a fun road trip.
4 Weeks BEFORE YOUR MOVE
- If you aren’t using a moving company, reserve a rental truck.
- Plan a “Moving Sale” or donate to your local charity.
- FUN TIP! Plan a going-away party for your kids and friends.
3 Weeks BEFORE YOUR MOVE
- Reserve any elevators, loading docks or parking areas if required.
- Notify your state’s motor vehicle bureau of your new address.
- Check secret hiding places to remove spare house keys and other valuables.
2 Weeks BEFORE YOUR MOVE
- Arrange for your Internet, TV and Home Phone services.
- Shop www.spectrum.com for the best deals!
- Pack a travel kit of critical items such as your checkbook, credit cards, ID, keys, toiletries, towels and a first aid kit.
- Arrange to have utilities turned on at your new home.
1 Week BEFORE YOUR MOVE
- Inform family and friends of your new address.
- If necessary, take any animals to the vet for immunization.
- Have enough medication on-hand to last at least 2 weeks.
- FUN TIP! Make a plan to visit your family’s favorite local places before you leave—restaurants, parks, playgrounds, etc.
- Show movers any items you feel need special treatment.
- Before finishing, make sure to do a final check of all closets, cabinets and storage areas for anything that may have been overlooked.
- If you are using a moving company, put a floor plan close to the entrance to help movers place furniture and boxes correctly.
- Unpack only what you need for the first few days. Don’t overwhelm yourself by having too many boxes open.
- Don’t forget which day you scheduled for your Spectrum installation. Make sure to have your TV and computer unpacked so we can install cable and Internet services.
- FUN TIP! Plan a family activity away from the house to explore your new community.
Get the best Internet, TV and Voice services for your new home.
Complete offer, savings and restriction details:
◊ To qualify for the contract buyout program, a customer must order and install a qualifying Triple Play or limited Double Play promotion; offers not available in all areas. Offer available to qualifying customers only who have no outstanding obligations to Charter. Check amount will be determined by the early termination fee on the final bill from the previous provider, not to exceed $500. For contract buyout qualifications, go to Spectrum.com/buyout.