Spectrum TV Application Terms and Conditions
Spectrum TV Android users effective date: August 31, 2017
Spectrum TV iOS users effective date: September 26, 2017
You represent that you are of legal age to agree to these Terms and Conditions or, if you are not, that you have obtained parental or guardian consent to do so. If you do not agree to these Terms and Conditions, you may not use the SPECTRUM TV App.
Your use of the SPECTRUM TV App is subject to a number of restrictions, which include the following:
- You must be a Spectrum subscriber in good standing, with a video package of Standard (Expanded Basic) or higher to use the SPECTRUM TV App;
- You may only use the SPECTRUM TV App for personal, non-commercial use;
- You may not share your access to the SPECTRUM TV App with any third parties, other than household members and household guests; and
- You must secure your home wireless network.
Usage Rights and Restrictions
The SPECTRUM TV App may be installed on any device that you own or that is in your possession and control, subject to the “Usage Rules” that are set forth in 3rd party App Store Terms of Service. By downloading the SPECTRUM TV App, you are agreeing that you will use the download only to run the SPECTRUM TV App on a device that you own or control, and only as authorized by these Terms and Conditions. You may not examine or manipulate the software code underlying the SPECTRUM TV App and you have no rights in that code other than the use right described in the preceding sentence.
By using the SPECTRUM TV App, you confirm that you are a Spectrum subscriber and that you are bound by and in compliance with Spectrum’s residential terms and conditions applicable to the Spectrum services to which you subscribe accessible on Spectrum’s public websites ( collectively, the “Subscriber Agreement”), and also any third-party agreements that may apply to your use of the SPECTRUM TV App. The Subscriber Agreement’s terms (including any usage restrictions, disclaimers and limitations on liability) apply to your use of the SPECTRUM TV App as if the agreement were set out in full in these Terms and Conditions.
THE SUBSCRIBER AGREEMENT INCLUDES A BINDING ARBITRATION PROVISION, WHICH INCLUDES A WAIVER OF CLASS ACTIONS AND PROVISIONS FOR OPTING OUT OF ARBITRATION.
The SPECTRUM TV App constitutes “Software”, and the programming, data, graphics and related information you access when using the SPECTRUM TV App (“Content”) constitutes part of Spectrum’s “Services,” as those terms are defined and used in the Subscriber Agreement.
The SPECTRUM TV App may only be used by subscribers to Spectrum’s Standard (Expanded Basic) video service or higher. We may, at any time and without notice, modify or discontinue all or part of the SPECTRUM TV App or Content; charge, modify or waive fees required to use the SPECTRUM TV App; or offer special opportunities to some or all SPECTRUM TV App users, subject to applicable law.
You are permitted to use the SPECTRUM TV App only to request and view the Content that we provide for this purpose and that you are entitled to access, and you may not circumvent or otherwise interfere with any authentication or access restrictions that we have implemented with respect to the SPECTRUM TV App or Content. You may not provide access to the SPECTRUM TV App to any person who is neither a member of your household nor an invitee in your home. You must secure (for example, password-protect) your home wireless network when using our Services. You may not copy, publicly perform or retransmit the Content.
Without limitation, the following restrictions also apply to your use of the SPECTRUM TV App:
- You may not distribute or make SPECTRUM TV App available over a network where it could be used by unauthorized parties or otherwise downloaded/distributed to any device without our knowledge or authorization.
- As a condition of the limited license for SPECTRUM TV App you may not: (i) publish, display, disclose, rent, lease, modify, loan, distribute, or create derivative works based on SPECTRUM TV App, or any part thereof; (ii) reverse engineer, decompile, translate, adapt, disassemble or otherwise reduce SPECTRUM TV App to human readable form; (iii) attempt to create the source code from the object code for SPECTRUM TV App; (iv) transmit SPECTRUM TV App over any network or between any unauthorized devices; (v) make or convert any third party software contained in SPECTRUM TV App into a stand-alone product; (vi) take any action that will infringe upon the intellectual property or other proprietary rights of Spectrum, its affiliates, or any third party software provider; or (vii) sublicense, rent, lease, or assign SPECTRUM TV App. You may transfer SPECTRUM TV App to other devices you own or license or that are under your lawful control as long as you only use it on only devices authorized by us.
- You agree not to remove any proprietary notices, marks, or labels on SPECTRUM TV App.
- You agree not to export, import, or re-export SPECTRUM TV App in violation of any applicable law, rule, or regulation of any jurisdiction.
- You agree that you will only use SPECTRUM TV App in a manner that complies with all applicable laws in the jurisdictions in which you use SPECTRUM TV App, including but not limited to applicable restrictions concerning copyright and other intellectual property rights.
- You may only use SPECTRUM TV App for your non-commercial, private use, for which no fee or consideration of any kind is charged or received, which takes place in your private home or apartment, or, if outside your private home or apartment (e.g. in a hotel room, dorm room, office or airport waiting lounge) is limited to a private viewing for you and your invitees, specifically excluding any public presentation (e.g., a presentation in a dorm lounge) and any presentation by a place of public accommodation or other commercial establishment (e.g. a bar or restaurant), even if no fee is charged.
- You may not use SPECTRUM TV App in an attempt to circumvent or in conjunction with any device, program, or service designed to circumvent, technological measures employed to control access to, use of, or the rights in, a content file, service, or other work protected by the copyright laws of any jurisdiction.
- You are solely responsible for securing any WiFi connectivity/access to your Internet service by means of a password or other reliable means. As such you are solely responsible for any conduct undertaken by means of access to our Internet services (including without limitation the SPECTRUM TV App) by any party, whether or not such access is initiated by a member of your household, a user authorized by you, or other person through any WiFi access/connectivity, and any loss, damage, or other liability arising therefrom.
We are responsible for the SPECTRUM TV App and the Content, and have no obligation to furnish any maintenance or support services with respect to the SPECTRUM TV App or the Content.
Username and Password
If you do not already have a Spectrum username and password associated with your service account, you will need to register for a Spectrum user account by visiting www.charter.net/login. We reserve the right to reject any username or password you request in our sole discretion. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any username or password we provide to you, and you agree not to transfer such password or username, or lend or otherwise transfer your right to use or access the SPECTRUM TV App, to any third party.
You agree to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your username or password or any other breach of security related to your account, your username or the SPECTRUM TV App. If someone else acquires this information (through no fault of ours), we may assume that you have authorized that person’s use of the information.
Changes to These Terms and Conditions
We reserve the right to change these Terms and Conditions from time to time at our sole discretion, and to provide you with notice of such change by any reasonable means, including by making the revised version available through the SPECTRUM TV App. You can determine when this Agreement was last revised by referring to the “LAST UPDATED” legend at the top of this page. If you continue to use the SPECTRUM TV App following any change in these Terms and Conditions, you will have accepted the changes (in other words, made them legally binding).
Suspension or Termination of Rights
We may suspend, restrict or terminate your access to or use of the SPECTRUM TV App at any time and for any reason (including if we believe that you have violated or acted inconsistently with the letter or spirit of these Terms and Conditions, or if we believe that your Spectrum username, password, or home network has been accessed by a third party). The rights granted to you to use the SPECTRUM TV App and the Content will terminate immediately upon the expiration or termination of the Subscriber Agreement, or upon your breach of the Subscriber Agreement or any other portion of these Terms and Conditions.
We reserve the right to take any steps that we believe are necessary or appropriate to enforce and/or verify your compliance with these Terms and Conditions.
In the event of any failure of the SPECTRUM TV App to conform to any warranty provided to you in the Subscriber Agreement or under applicable law, you may contact the device manufacturer to determine its refund policy. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we will have no other warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the SPECTRUM TV App, will not be responsible for any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure of the SPECTRUM TV App to conform to any warranty. In the event of any claims by you or any third party relating to the SPECTRUM TV App, or to your possession or use of the SPECTRUM TV App, you agree that the device manufacturer shall have no responsibility for the investigation, defense, settlement and discharge of such claims, including (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the SPECTRUM TV App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation; and (iv) intellectual property claims.
By accessing, downloading or using the SPECTRUM TV App, you represent and warrant that you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country, and that you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
If a court or similar body determines that a portion of these Terms and Conditions is invalid or unenforce¬able, the remaining Terms and Conditions should stand. The invalid or unenforceable portion should be interpreted as closely as possible (consistent with the law in your area) so as to reflect the intention of the original. Except with our consent, you may not transfer or assign to any other person (in other words, make another person legally responsible for) the rights granted by or your obligation to comply with these Terms and Conditions.
These Terms and Conditions, together with the Subscriber Agreement and the other Spectrum agreements referred to there, constitute the entire agreement between you and Spectrum relating to the SPECTRUM TV App. You are not entitled to rely on any other agreements or undertakings between you and Spectrum relating to the same.
These Terms and Conditions are not intended to benefit (in other words, to create any rights or obligations for) anyone other than you and us. Upon your acceptance of these terms, we will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce these terms against you as a third-party beneficiary of these Terms and Conditions.
The SPECTRUM TV App is provided by Spectrum, 400 Atlantic Street, Stamford, CT 06901. We are responsible for addressing any claims or issues you may have relating to the SPECTRUM App. If you have a question or complaint regarding the SPECTRUM TV App, please call 1-800-892-2253).