Time Warner Cable® - My twc® Application Privacy Notice
How Does Time Warner Cable® Collect and Use Information About You?
Absent your consent or request, Time Warner Cable® does not divulge personally identifiable information to third parties for their marketing or advertising purposes.
When you use the Application, it is important that we can present our content in a way that makes sense to your screen, that we are able to conduct research, and that we know which pages and activity on the Application are most popular. In order to do these types of things, we may collect data such as:
- The type of browser you use (e.g., Firefox, Internet Explorer, etc.);
- The type and version of operating system you use (e.g., Apple Mac OS X, Windows XP, mobile Android or Apple OS, etc.);
- The domain name of your Internet Service Provider (e.g., Time Warner Cable® Internet);
- Your Internet Protocol address;
- The referring page that linked you to us, the pages you visit on this Application; the web page you visit after this Application;
- The content and advertisements that you view and/or click on;
- Any search terms you enter on this Application or a referral Application;
- If you are accessing this Application from a mobile device, the device may provide this Application with your location, we will collect that information on pages where your location helps authenticate you or determine the page content. To the extent this information is stored; it will be stored only in anonymous or aggregate format.
- In delivering a video service on the Application, we may also track information about your use of the Application in a non-personally identifiable manner and we may combine this information with other non-personally identifiable information. None of this data will be used to personally identify you.
To provide the My twc®/twc® Business Application to you, we and our partners and licensors may need to collect data about you, including your Time Warner Cable® email address and password, the configuration of any WiFi-enabled device you may use and the unique device identifier (“Device ID”) associated with your device (such as a serial number and/or MAC address). We also may collect usage data relating to your use of the My twc®/twc® Business Application, which data will be collected in the aggregate and linked only to your Device ID.
Collection, including the Use of Location Data
If you choose to enable location services on your device, the My twc®/twc® Business Application may collect your device’s location for certain purposes. Location information is stored by Time Warner Cable® in an anonymous, aggregate way that does not identify you personally. The location information is used to find the closest WiFi hot spots to your location. We may also use location information for other purposes such as deciding where to install new WiFi hotspots in order to serve you better. If you do not want this Application to collect your device’s location, you can disable location services on your device using the device settings. Please note that location data will be collected when your location service is enabled for this application whether or not the My twc®/twc® Business Application is being used at the time.
From time-to-time, this Application may offer features that will require us to collect information about you in order for the features to work in an optimum way. These features can include the registration or subscription to newsletters, accounts or features on this Application, the making of online purchases, entering sweepstakes and contests, completing surveys, contributing to a chat room, message board, blog, or other similar open forum on this Application, the submission of comments or question to us using a "contact usquot; or similar feature on this Application, the sending to Time Warner Cable® of e-mail, or in any other way submitting personally identifiable information to us via or relating to this Application. If you do not take advantage of these opportunities, we will not collect information from you to support these options.
To the extent you provide us with information about you, we may use this information for internal purposes related to any Time Warner Cable® service or product and to send you notices (for example, in the form of e-mails, mailings, and the like), and otherwise correspond with you, about products, services, companies and events, sponsored by us and others, that we think might interest you.
Time Warner Cable® websites and applications (other than this Application), as well as any other third party content, websites, advertisements, applications and toolbars linked to from this Application, may each have their own privacy policies and practices. Time Warner Cable® is not responsible for the information practices of third parties. You should carefully review their privacy policies in order to determine how each third party may use any personally identifiable information you provide.
Content on this Application may be recommended to you or customized to your interests and preferences, based on your personally identifiable information and Application usage information, including (but not limited to) non-personally identifying information, which we may obtain from you or from other sources.
Any or all of the activities and collection described above may be performed on our behalf by our services providers.
Does Time Warner Cable® Ever Share Information with Other Parties?
- If you express a desire for us to do so, we may share your personally identifiable information with third parties (such as co-sponsors of our sweepstakes, contests and other offerings) pursuant to the service that you desire.
- Time Warner Cable® may share your information with its affiliates, service providers and other third parties that help to operate our business and this Application and deliver the products and services available on or through the Application.
- When you contribute to a "public" area or feature of this Application, such as a chat room, bulletin board, blog or other open forum that we may make available on or through this Application, the information that you submit will be made available to other users. For this reason, we recommend that you not submit any sensitive information on these areas of the Application, including your full name, home address, phone number, financial information, or other information that would enable users to locate you.
- Time Warner Cable® provides your information to trusted vendors who work on behalf of or with Time Warner Cable® and under confidentiality agreements. However, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information.
- When Time Warner Cable® believes it should, it will respond to subpoenas, court orders, legal process, and to establish or exercise Time Warner Cable's® legal rights or defend against legal claims.
- In the event that Time Warner Cable®, or any affiliated entity, or substantially all of its assets related to a particular geographical region, are acquired by one or more third parties as a result of an acquisition, merger, sale, reorganization, consolidation or liquidation, user information may be one of the transferred assets.
Aggregate data and information that otherwise is not personally identifiable to you may be disclosed to others.
Time Warner Cable® will take steps to protect the security and integrity of all sensitive information provided to this Application. However, due to the inherent nature of the Internet as an open global communications vehicle, we cannot guarantee that information, during transmission through the Internet or while stored on our system or otherwise in our care, will be safe from intrusion by others, such as hackers.
You are responsible for maintaining the strict confidentiality of your account password, and you shall be responsible for any access to or use of the Application by you or any person or entity using your password, whether or not such access or use has been authorized by or on behalf of you.
We may change this Policy by amending the online version. If you continue to use this Application following any change in our Policy, you will have accepted the changes. If you do not agree to the changes, you should not use this Application. Any changes to this Notice are intended to be prospective only.